Windows 8 - PPTP VPN Installer guide
REQUIREMENTS: It is expected, that you already have the iWatchTVAbroad account with active VPN service. Otherwise, please Sign Up first.
- Download the iWatchTVAbroad PPTP VPN installer for Windows and unzip (extract) the files to some folder on your disk.
- Choose right type of installer file depending on architecture of your operation system (32/64 bit). If you do not know you architecture, please choose 32 bit version. Start the installer by double-click on the chosen file (iwatchtvabroad_xxx.exe).
- Click on "Yes".
- Be sure that "My use only" is selected (otherwise it won't work properly). Set the "Add shortcut on the desktop" and click "OK".
- Before first log-in you have to select VPN server you want connect to. Please click on "Properties".
- In card VPN choose one of the VPN servers. The closer one to your country should provide better quality. You can find the exact locations of the VPN servers in your Members Area.
- Enter your iWatchTVAbroad VPN login details - your VPN Username and Password and click on "Connect".
The VPN username is your long username (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can find the VPN username and password and VPN Server List in your Members Area.
IMPORTANT: Please mind, that if you want to watch UK TV channels like BBC iPlayer, you need to be connected to some of our UK VPN servers. The same holds true for watching US channels like Netflix.
- You can also find the connection in the "Network Control Panel" on right side of the system tray. Wait until the connection is successfully established and then Enjoy!
- Once you are successfully connected to the iWatchTVAbroad VPN, you should be able to access your favorite UK or US TV channel. You can find some of available TV channels on our Channels page.