Linux Ubuntu - SSTP VPN guide
REQUIREMENTS: It is expected, that you already have the iWatchTVAbroad account with active VPN service. Otherwise, please Sign Up first.
- Before you start you need to download three packages from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sstp-client/files/.
- sstp-client deb package from sstp-client section
- network-manager-sstp-gnome deb package from network-manager-sstp section
- network-manager-sstp deb package from network-manager-sstp section
Please download the ones that are matching your systems architecture (i386 for 32-bit systems and amd64 for 64-bit systems).
We have used these 3 files in this configuration guide:
- Click on "Dash home".
- Type "Terminal" and push "Enter". It will run the Terminal aplication.
- In the Terminal:
- Change the curent directory to the derectory where are the downloaded files saved:
- $ cd /home/iwatchtvabroad/Downloads/
- Install all three downloaded packages:
- $ sudo dpkg --install sstp-client_1.0.4_i386.deb
- $ sudo dpkg --install network-manager-sstp-gnome_0.9.1-0ubuntu2_i386.deb
- $ sudo dpkg --install network-manager-sstp_0.9.1-0ubuntu2_i386.deb
The VPN username is your long username (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can find the VPN username and password and VPN Server List in your Members Area.
IMPORTANT: Please mind, that if you want to watch UK TV channels like BBC iPlayer, you need to be connected to some of our UK VPN servers. The same holds true for watching US channels like Netflix.