Windows 8 - PPTP VPN guide
REQUIREMENTS: It is expected, that you already have the iWatchTVAbroad account with active VPN service. Otherwise, please Sign Up first.
- Open the Windows 8 Control Panel on right side of the screen and choose "Settings".
- Open "Control Panel".
- Open "Network and Internet".
- Open "Network and Sharing Center".
- Click on "Setup a new connection or network".
- Select "Connect to a workspace" and then click on "Next" button.
- Now enter the VPN server address as the "Internet address". You can find the list of available iWatchTVAbroad VPN servers in your Members Area. Then enter "iWatchTVAbroad" in the "Destination name". Click on "Create" button.
- You can find the created connection in the "Network Control Panel" on right side of the screen. Click on "Connect".
- Enter your iWatchTVAbroad VPN login details - your VPN Username and Password. Connect the VPN by clicking on "OK" button.
The VPN username is your long username (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can find the VPN username and password and VPN Server List in your Members Area.
IMPORTANT: Please mind, that if you want to watch UK TV channels like BBC iPlayer, you need to be connected to some of our UK VPN servers. The same holds true for watching US channels like Netflix.
- Wait until the connection is successfully established and then Enjoy!
- Once you are successfully connected to the iWatchTVAbroad VPN, you should be able to access your favorite UK or US TV channel. You can find some of available TV channels on our Channels page.