Windows XP - PPTP VPN guide
REQUIREMENTS: It is expected, that you already have the iWatchTVAbroad account with active VPN service. Otherwise, please Sign Up first.
- Click on the "Start" button on the task bar and then choose "Control Panel" from the start menu.
- Click on "Network and Internet Connections".
- Click on "Create a connection to the network at your workplace".
- Select "Virtual Private Network connection" and then click on "Next" button.
- Enter "iWatchTVAbroad.com" in the Company Name and then click on "Next" button.
- Choose the "Do not dial the initial connection" option and then click on "Next" button.
- Now enter the VPN server address and then click on "Next" to continue.
- If you want to add the VPN connection shortcut to your desktop, then check the appropriate check box and click on "Finish" button to complete the VPN connection Wizard.
- Now is your iWatchTVAbroad configuration ready. You can start your VPN connection by double click on the "iWatchTVAbroad.com" icon on your desktop or in "Network and Internet Connections".
- Enter your iWatchTVAbroad VPN login details - your VPN Username and password - to login the iWatchTVAbroad.com.
The VPN username is your long username (i.e. email@example.com).
You can find the VPN username and password and VPN Server List in your Members Area.
IMPORTANT: Please mind, that if you want to watch UK TV channels like BBC iPlayer, you need to be connected to some of our UK VPN servers. The same holds true for watching US channels like Netflix.
- Upon successful logon, a connection icon will be shown on the system tray.
- Once you are successfully connected to the iWatchTVAbroad VPN, you should be able to access your favorite UK or US TV channel. You can find some of available TV channels on our Channels page.