Windows Vista - PPTP VPN guide
REQUIREMENTS: It is expected, that you already have the iWatchTVAbroad account with active VPN service. Otherwise, please Sign Up first.
- Click on the "Start" button, select "Network" option from the menu and then click on the "Network and Sharing Centre".
- Click on "Setup a connection or network".
- Select "Connect to a workspace" and then click on "Next" button.
- Click on "Use my Internet connection (VPN)".
- Now enter the VPN server address, then enter "iWatchTVAbroad.com" in the "Destination name". Check the last check box and click on "Next" button.
- Enter your iWatchTVAbroad VPN login details - your VPN Username and Password. Create this VPN connection by clicking on "Create" button.
The VPN username is your long username (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can find the VPN username and password and VPN Server List in your Members Area.
IMPORTANT: Please mind, that if you want to watch UK TV channels like BBC iPlayer, you need to be connected to some of our UK VPN servers. The same holds true for watching US channels like Netflix.
- Now is your iWatchTVAbroad configuration ready. You can start your VPN connection by double click on the "iWatchTVAbroad.com" icon in "Network and Internet Connections".
- Start your iWatchTVAbroad VPN connection by clicking on "Connect" button.
- Once you are successfully connected to the iWatchTVAbroad VPN, you should be able to access your favorite UK or US TV channel. You can find some of available TV channels on our Channels page.