TP-Link WR-340G - PPTP VPN guide
- Open the router's web configuration page and log in as admin. Default IP address of router is 192.168.1.1.
- Download the latest firmware and install it on the router
- At the HOME screen choose "Basic Settings -> Network -> WAN".
- In "WAN Settings" part choose option "WAN Connection Type" and then choose option "PPTP".
- Fill your iWatchTVAbroad VPN Username and Password.
- Then choose "Dynamic IP" and fill the VPN server hostname or IP address. All other values should stay at default values.
The VPN username is your long username (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can find the VPN username and password and VPN Server List in your Members Area.
IMPORTANT: Please mind, that if you want to watch UK TV channels like BBC iPlayer, you need to be connected to some of our UK VPN servers. The same holds true for watching US channels like Netflix.
- Click on "Save" button. Then click on "Connect" button and test if internet is working and IP address has changed. (You can test it at whatismyip.com)
- Once you are successfully connected to the iWatchTVAbroad VPN, you should be able to access your favorite UK or US TV channel. You can find some of available TV channels on our Channels page.
REQUIREMENTS: It is expected, that you already have the iWatchTVAbroad account with active VPN service. Otherwise, please Sign Up first.