Linsys EA4500 - PPTP VPN guide
REQUIREMENTS: It is expected, that you already have the iWatchTVAbroad account with active VPN service. Otherwise, please Sign Up first.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure that the latest firmware is instaled on your Linsys router and your Linsys router is configurable from Cisco Connect Cloud.
- Login to your Cisco Connect Cloud.
- Click on Connectivity.
- Choose Internet Settings - IPv4 and then click Edit.
- As a Connection Type choose PPTP.
- Fill the connection settings as you can see on the screenshot below and click Apply. The Server IPv4 address is an IP address of the VPN server you want connect to.
You can find the VPN username and password and VPN Server List in your Members Area. Please contact us if you don't know IP address of VPN server.
IMPORTANT: Please mind, that if you want to watch UK TV channels like BBC iPlayer, you need to be connected to some of our UK VPN servers. The same holds true for watching US channels like Netflix.
- Choose Local Network settings and set the DNS servers to the Google Public DNS:
- Sometimes you can received this message after some changes. Just enter you router password and continue to work with the router configuration.
- Once you are successfully connected to the iWatchTVAbroad VPN, you should be able to access your favorite UK or US TV channel. You can find some of available TV channels on our Channels page.