D-Link Dl-524 - PPTP VPN guide
REQUIREMENTS: It is expected, that you already have the iWatchTVAbroad account with active VPN service. Otherwise, please Sign Up first.
- Open the router's web configuration page and log in as admin. Default IP address of router is 192.168.0.1.
- At the HOME screen click on "WAN" button on the left side.
- In "WAN Settings" part choose option "Others" and then choose option "PPTP".
- Then choose "Dynamic IP". Fill the VPN server IP address for example 126.96.36.199 (USE IP INSTEAD HOSTNAME!).
- "PPTP Account" is your iWatchTVAbroad VPN Username and "PPTP Password" is your iWatchTVAbroad VPN Password (type it twice). All other values should stay at default values.
You can find the VPN username and password and VPN Server List in your Members Area. Please contact us if you don't know IP address of VPN server.
IMPORTANT: Please mind, that if you want to watch UK TV channels like BBC iPlayer, you need to be connected to some of our UK VPN servers. The same holds true for watching US channels like Netflix.
- Click on "Apply" button. Wait for rebooting router and then test if internet is working and IP address has changed. (You can test it at whatismyip.com)
- Once you are successfully connected to the iWatchTVAbroad VPN, you should be able to access your favorite UK or US TV channel. You can find some of available TV channels on our Channels page.