Mac OS - PPTP VPN guide
REQUIREMENTS: It is expected, that you already have the iWatchTVAbroad account with active VPN service. Otherwise, please Sign Up first.
- Open the System Preferrences window.
- Click on the "Network" icon.
- Unlock the network configuration.
- Click on the Add button (+).
- Set the"Interface" as VPN, VPN Type as PPTP and type Service Name: iWatchTVAbroad.com. Then click on "Create".
- Configure your VPN according the screenshot. Enter your iWatchTVAbroad VPN Username. Then click on the "Authentication Settings" button.
The VPN username is your long username (i.e. email@example.com).
You can find the VPN username and password and VPN Server List in your Members Area.
IMPORTANT: Please mind, that if you want to watch UK TV channels like BBC iPlayer, you need to be connected to some of our UK VPN servers. The same holds true for watching US channels like Netflix.
- Choose Password option and type your iWatchTVAbroad VPN Password. Then click on "OK" and push the "Advanced..." button.
- Check all the check boxes in "Session Options" and push the "OK" button.
- Close your Network Configuration window. Right click on the VPN icon in the top system tray and choose "Connect VPN (PPTP)".
- Once you are successfully connected to the iWatchTVAbroad VPN, you should be able to access your favorite UK or US TV channel. You can find some of available TV channels on our Channels page.