Linux Ubuntu - PPTP guide
REQUIREMENTS: It is expected, that you already have the iWatchTVAbroad account with active VPN service. Otherwise, please Sign Up first.
This guide is optimised for Ubuntu.
- You need to install PPTP plugin for Connection Manager. Click on "Application" and then choose "Add/Remove".
- Search "pptp". Then check the "PPTP VPN Connection Manager" and press the "Apply Changes" button.
- Click on "Apply" button.
- After installation close the window.
- Click on "System" on the top menu, then click on "Preferences" and choose "Network Configuration". Choose VPN and press the"Add" button.
- Choose "PPTP" and then click on "Create" button.
- Now enter "iWatchTVAbroad.com" in the "Connection Name". Then enter the VPN server address as a "Gateway". Enter your iWatchTVAbroad VPN login details - your VPN Username and VPN Password. Click on "Advanced" button.
The VPN username is your long username (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can find the VPN username and password and VPN Server List in your Members Area.
IMPORTANT: Please mind, that if you want to watch UK TV channels like BBC iPlayer, you need to be connected to some of our UK VPN servers. The same holds true for watching US channels like Netflix.
- Configure advanced preferences according the screenshot below and press the "OK" button.
- Save the iWatchTVAbroad connection settings by pressing "Ok" button.
- Close "Network Connections" window.
- Left-Click on "Network Manager" icon, choose "VPN Connections" and click on "iWatchTVAbroad.com".
- Upon successful logon, a "Network Manager" icon will change itself and a little padlock will be shown.
- Once you are successfully connected to the iWatchTVAbroad VPN, you should be able to access your favorite UK or US TV channel. You can find some of available TV channels on our Channels page.