Mac OS - L2TP/IPSec VPN guide
REQUIREMENTS: It is expected, that you already have the iWatchTVAbroad account with active VPN service. Otherwise, please Sign Up first.
- Open the System Preferrences window.
- Click on the "Network" icon
- Click on the Add button (+).
- Set the"Interface" as VPN, VPN Type as L2TP over IPSec and type Service Name: iWatchTVAbroad L2TP. Then click on "Create".
- Enter VPN Server Address, your iWatchTVAbroad VPN Username. Then click on the "Authentication Settings" button.
The VPN username is your long username (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can find the VPN username and password and VPN Server List in your Members Area.
IMPORTANT: Please mind, that if you want to watch UK TV channels like BBC iPlayer, you need to be connected to some of our UK VPN servers. The same holds true for watching US channels like Netflix.
- Choose "Password option" and type your iWatchTVAbroad VPN Password. Choose "Shared Secret" and enter secret code which you can see on the image below. Then click on "OK".
- Click on "Advanced...".
- Enable "Send all traffic over VPN connection". and click "OK".
- Connect your VPN by clicking on "Connect".
- Once you are successfully connected to the iWatchTVAbroad VPN, you should be able to access your favorite UK or US TV channel. You can find some of available TV channels on our Channels page.